Collegium Publishes Inaugural 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Highlights 2022 environmental, social and governance achievements
STOUGHTON, Mass., Feb. 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Nasdaq: COLL), a leading, diversified specialty pharmaceutical company, today announced the release of its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. The report reflects the Company’s long-standing commitment to operating with integrity, accountability and responsibility in all facets of its business while improving the health and well-being of the communities it serves.
“Collegium is dedicated to serving as a responsible corporate citizen and holding ourselves accountable to the highest ethical standards as we advance our mission, support our communities and create shareholder value,” said Joe Ciaffoni, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Collegium. “We are proud to issue our first ESG report as we anticipate a banner 2023 in which we accelerate our growth and deepen our collective impact.”
2022 ESG Report Highlights
- Corporate Governance: Collegium believes that good corporate governance is essential for the long-term benefit of all our stakeholders, the wellness of our communities and the successful execution of our mission. Accordingly, we have been and will continue to implement corporate governance and risk-mitigation best practices.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI): We implemented components of our multi-year DEI strategic plan and remain committed to ensuring every employee feels included, inspired and confident that they will be seen, heard and valued in our organization.
- People and Culture: Collegium maintains a highly engaged, integrated, respectful and transparent culture. In 2022, 92% of employees completed the corporate survey, and responses exceeded the Pharma Benchmark in nearly all areas.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Collegium directly supports organizations focused on expanding equitable access to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education within the greater Boston area and nationwide. In 2022, the Company donated over $350,000 in support of STEM charitable initiatives and other charities serving community members in need. We also held our second Annual Day of Service, during which Collegium employees volunteered at organizations of their choice or participated in a volunteer activity at our headquarters in Stoughton, Massachusetts.
- Environmental Stewardship: The Company implemented initiatives throughout the business to reduce our environmental impact, including using recyclable materials and donating unneeded informational technology systems to reduce electronic waste. Collegium will continue to identify additional opportunities to mitigate our environmental footprint in the future.
Read the full report at: https://www.collegiumpharma.com/responsibility/environmental-social-and-governance/.
About Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Collegium is building a leading, diversified specialty pharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of people living with serious medical conditions. Collegium’s headquarters are located in Stoughton, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit the Company’s website at www.collegiumpharma.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We may, in some cases, use terms such as "predicts," "forecasts," "believes," "potential," "proposed," "continue," "estimates," "anticipates," "expects," "plans," "intends," "may," "could," "might," "should" or other words that convey uncertainty of future events or outcomes to identify these forward-looking statements. Examples of forward-looking statements contained in this press release include, among others, statements related to our ESG commitments, plans, policies, procedures and initiatives current and future market opportunities for our products and our assumptions related thereto, expectations (financial or otherwise) and intentions, and other statements that are not historical facts. Such statements are subject to numerous important factors, risks and uncertainties that may cause actual events or results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from the company's current expectations, including risks relating to, among others: our ability to implement and fulfill any of the ESG commitments, strategies, plans or initiatives described in this press release or the ESG report; our ability to realize the anticipated benefits of our acquisitions at all or within the expected time period; unknown liabilities; risks related to future opportunities and plans for our products, including uncertainty of the expected financial performance of such products; the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our ability to conduct our business, reach our customers, and supply the market with our products; our ability to commercialize and grow sales of our products; our ability to manage our relationships with licensors; the success of competing products that are or become available; our ability to obtain and maintain regulatory approval of our products and any product candidates, and any related restrictions, limitations, and/or warnings in the label of an approved product; the size of the markets for our products and product candidates, and our ability to service those markets; our ability to obtain reimbursement and third-party payor contracts for our products; the rate and degree of market acceptance of our products and product candidates; the costs of commercialization activities, including marketing, sales and distribution; changing market conditions for our products; the outcome of any patent infringement or other litigation that may be brought by or against us; the outcome of any governmental investigation related to our business; our ability to secure adequate supplies of active pharmaceutical ingredient for each of our products and manufacture adequate supplies of commercially saleable inventory; our ability to obtain funding for our operations and business development; regulatory developments in the U.S.; our expectations regarding our ability to obtain and maintain sufficient intellectual property protection for our products; our ability to comply with stringent U.S. and foreign government regulation in the manufacture of pharmaceutical products, including U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, or DEA, compliance; our customer concentration; and the accuracy of our estimates regarding expenses, revenue, capital requirements and need for additional financing. These and other risks are described under the heading "Risk Factors" in our Annual Reports on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other filings with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements that we make in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We assume no obligation to update our forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date of this press release.
Christopher James, M.D.
Vice President, Investor Relations
Vice President, Corporate Communications